Geographic profiling is an investigative support technique for serial violent crime investigations. The process analyzes locations connected to a series of crimes to determine the most probable area in which the offender lives.
Geographic profiling should be regarded as an information management system designed to help focus an investigation, prioritize tips and suspects, and suggest new strategies to complement traditional methods. At Brilliance Of Mind Psychological Services & Consultancy, our verified assessors provide accurate geo profiling service.
What It Focuses On?
- The Geography Of Crime
- Offender Hunting Behavior And Target Selection
- Crime-Site Typology And Child Murder Jeopardy
- Surfaces And How Geographic Profiling Works
Geographic profiling works on the basis that the location of a crime site can provide the police with vital information. It assesses and predicts the offender’s most likely place of residence, place of work, social venues and travel routes etc. It consists of both quantitative and qualitative geographic components.
The Approach/ Process
- A series of crimes are committed.
- The crimes are investigated via traditional means.
- Linking analysis conducted to ascertain which crimes are connected.
- Psychological profile of the unknown subject conducted.
- Geographical profile constructed.
- New investigative strategies developed and pursued.